Grant Amount: $7500.00 CAD
The BC government has launched a new funding program for BC entrepreneurs and the burgeoning local e-commerce industry. We think this grant will help small businesses and entrepreneurs in Vancouver, Surrey, Burnaby & other parts of the province. Please contact Raize Digital if you need any assistance with your application or if you want to know more about eligibility requirements.
How The Program Works
The Launch Online Grant program provides funding to B.C.-based business to create an online shop and/or improve their e-commerce experience to attract new local customers and expand to new markets. The grant will pay for up to 75% of eligible expenses, up to a maximum of $7,500 per business.
The program supports a rapid response for businesses and is accepting applications from businesses ready to start and finish their online shop within 12 weeks.
Up-to 25% of funds will be reserved for Indigenous businesses and businesses operating outside of the lower mainland and greater Victoria.
The funds must be used to hire B.C.-based company(ies) to do the online store development.
Funding will help cover up to 75% of costs for expenses such as:
- Service provider costs:
- Platform and website development
- Copy and online content writing
- Developing an online inventory of goods and products
- Pictures (including hiring a photographer), stock photos or related graphics needed
- Digital customer costs:
- E-commerce platform subscription (up to 1 year)
- Online advertising (up to 1 year)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Creating banners and other embedded advertising
- Staff training to manage the online shop, learn about digital marketing, etc.
Successful applicants must use one or more B.C.-based service provider(s) to build or improve their online store.
The only non-B.C.-based eligible expenses include:
- Platform subscription costs
- Purchase of online photos and graphics
- Purchase of online promotional space such as Facebook ads
LEARN MORE: https://www.launchonline.ca/